I was thinking back on everything I did in the past year today. And I guess I decided something: 2013 was pretty good.
Needless to say, it wasn’t perfect. For instance, people gave me several let-downs (I don’t agree with the current presidential administration’s policies, for one thing,) and I had to undergo a horrendous amount of grief concerning forms, form letters, job applications and special training, but all in all, it was a good year. Here are some highlights:
1. I turned **. I’m not saying exactly how old I am, for safety’s sake (no offense, but some of the people who visit the blog might be predators for all I know!) but I’m almost a legal adult. Scary thought. But at least I got lots of hugs from my friends!
2. I drove myself–all on my own–for the first time in January ’13. It was also the first day of school, which was a hair-raising combination. But I wasn’t late to any of my classes. EVER. (Well, there was that one sociology session, but it had been cancelled anyway!)
3. I got all A’s and B’s.
4. People thought I was a genius (even though I told them I have an IQ of ***, which is just barely above average; it’s just inside the gifted range. Minimally.)
5. I started writing out the adventures of a young, just-out-of-college detective named Shannon Holmes, and her close friend and former military doctor Jamie Watson. As a result, my own powers of observation and drawing conclusions jumped. People thought I was a genius. (Again.)
6. I got my first job. Okay, so it was only part-time, but still.
7. I signed on Nanowrimo for the first time in April.
8. I did Nanowrimo again in July and November. (November was my first failed Nano, but hey! That’s progress too!)
9. I got back into the Merlin fandom.
10. More than ten good things happened! (So I’ll carry right on.)
11. I got this blog.
12. I embarrassed Iris by hugging her full-on for the first time. (She only does side-on hugs, normally. :-P)
13. I wasn’t seriously sick at all. (Which is weird. But then, I was unwell due to stress-related stuff most of the time.)
14. I hiked all the trails at our local nature association.
15. I discovered that I do, actually, have a life after all, and one that’s at least relatively anonymous.
Here’s hoping 2013 was as good to all of you, my treasured readers, as it was to me! Thanks for reading, and God Bless! 😀