about me, award, bbc merlin, brave, disney, frozen, j.r.r. tolkien, long rants, lord of the rings, more boring stuff about me, pixar, rambling musings, things that i didn't particularly think would be very interesting, wreck-it ralph
Hey, look, guys! I finally got around to answering that third Liebster nomination! Yay me!
For those who only just dropped by, I was nominated by both coruscantbookshelf and Shiekah at once. (Or rather, coruscantbookshelf nominated both myself and Sheikah, and then Sheikah got to it first and nominated me again. :-P) So, this was my third nomination in May but I’ve been insanely busy and only just got around to it.
Okay, so I was nominated by IcedMocha34 this time. Here goes…
1) What is the one thing about yourself you like best? Well… that’s hard to say. As a matter of fact, I know the things I don’t like about myself better than the ones which I do. Thinking about it… I think that my best ability is to recognize when I am wrong.
2) What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about? Lots of things. Social injustice is probably the least serious on the list. Oddly enough, death is not on it. I can laugh at death. I can not laugh, however, at the Final Judgement or Hell. Things like politics are serious, but I normally express my opinion by making fun of certain ideas.
3) Which song always makes you sad? Happy? Feel like dancing? The first song that makes me cry that comes to mind is “Sunrise, Sunset” from Fiddler on the Roof, and the second would have to be “Butterfly Kisses.” One happy song is “Now and For Always” from the Lord of the Rings musical. (Yes, there is a musical! It’s probably my favorite music of all time, and it’s not as bad as you might think, though, naturally, it’s not Howard Shore.) It is so bittersweet and beautiful it always brings me a mile. Then there’s “You’ll Be In My Heart” from Tarzan. My best dancing song is also from the Lord of the Rings musical: “Cat and Moon.” It’s hilarious, and a whole lot of fun. Then there’s “The Road Goes On,” from the same musical, “Fireflies” by Owl City, and anything by Heather Dale (especially “Mordred’s Lullaby”, which I am actually choreographing a dance to.)
4) What’s one of your favorite habits you have? Lighting candles as I write. I write fantasy, so lighting candles helps me get into contact with those fantasy worlds better. It’s uplifting, as well.
5) Who is your hero and why? I think my hero–not counting fictional characters–would have to be Mother Theresa. She was so compassionate! Close runners-up are all the enlisted men in the military. Remember our troops! Because freedom isn’t free!!!
6) Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people? I don’t think I would. I’ve read too many stories and seen too many movies where a morally ambiguous act such as that causes horrible repercussions. (Case in point: Merlin’s distrust of Mordred, who didn’t turn evil until his girlfriend died, which was partially Merlin’s fault, in the BBC show Merlin.) I wouldn’t mistreat for something that they might do, that had not happened yet. I mean, some of my more hard-core, ruthless characters might do it if they were in those circumstances, but I would not.
7) Would you rather be hated or forgotten? I think I’d rather be hated. Maybe it’s my thing for needing attention. Besides, in the practical world, I don’t think that if I keep on doing my best to be a good person, I can’t be hated by everyone!
8) If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you? Oh. Yikes. Well, if I was a boy, I’d say Paul Schofield, but since I’m a girl… oooh… maybe Kate Blanchett? Or… well, Katie McGrath looks most like me… but I think that the person best suited to play me would actually be whoever played Calhoun from Wreck-it Ralph, or whoever it is plays Bo-Katan in the Clone Wars, or the actress who plays Adi Gallia on the same show. (I can’t remember any of their names, sorry.) “Calhoun” seems like a versatile actor, even though I’ve only seen her playing the hard-core sergeant; so do all the others. I don’t know, really.
9) What flavor gummy bear is your favorite? So there are easy questions on this list… ;-P Lemon.
10) What is “the usual” when you go to Starbucks? I don’t go to Starbucks… but the closest thing would have to be hot cocoa.
11) Why do you write and how does it make you feel when you’re scribbling furiously in your favorite notebook with your favorite pen? I write because it helps me to stay sane. I write because I enjoy it. I write because I have stories to tell. I write because I have to. (Was that a question? :-P)
All right, now for eleven facts about me:
1. I love, love, love Merlin! Everything Merlin! And young Mordred is adorable!
2. I watched Frozen last night and LOVED IT!, but except for the scene where Hans’ sword breaks toward the end of the movie nothing impressed me too much because everyone was so hell-bent on giving me spoilers. (Darn you, pop culture.) It wasn’t that fresh and real and new as it would have been if it had been like “Wreck-it Ralph” and I could’ve avoided all the hype. So one of the movies I was most looking forward to seeing was ruined by the fact that I had heard so much about it. (So, *Jedi Mind Trick* You will not give me spoilers about the Hobbit movies. I’m hoping to actually enjoy those.)
3. I hate spoilers. I hate people who don’t alert before they give spoilers even more.
4. This puts my younger sister Jewel on the list of people whom I am currently mad at because she was “in” on all the hype and searching all the songs on YouTube. It would’ve been better if I could have kept it down to “Let it Go”, but instead I’d heard ALL the songs before and it was almost dull as a result.
5. I am probably going to go cry, read Tolkien, and watch Merlin clips on YouTube to try and compensate for my extreme disappointment.
6. I probably won’t write a critique of Frozen for a while, until I’ve seen it a couple more times.
7. My baby sister is currently sitting under my chair and trying to lick my feet. Ewww.
8. For some reason, I don’t like anything cherry flavored, or bright red. Duller reds look less artificial. Real cherries, though… mmm.
9. I am allergic to bananas, cantaloupe, and blueberries, unless they are in baked goods. (Bananas and blueberries, of course. Really, who would eat cantaloupe in baked goods!?) This makes buffets awkward for me. I am also allergic to popcorn.
10. I don’t particularly like root beer. Perhaps the cherry-flavoring and root beer dislike is genetic?
11. I should have done this much earlier.
Now, for my eleven questions:
1. Why do you blog? (It’s always on there, and who am I to break tradition?)
2. What do you think of every night to help you go to sleep?
3. What sorts of movies do you dislike? (And don’t just say violent, gory ones, since that’s a given. Or should be.)
4. Do you still keep your imaginary friends around? (Most writers say yes.) If so, what are they like?
5. Do you have imaginary friends who seem to have lives and minds of their own? What are their personalities like?
6. Do you have imaginary friends who sit around and comment as you write? What are their names?
7. Do you have a designated “Muse”? (I have Kysherin.)
8. What outside forces and events have had the greatest impact on your outlook?
9. Do you have a place (or activity) that helps you think better? When, what, and where?
10. What are your favorite songs to work to?
11. What is the worst attack of plot bunnies you’ve ever had?
I hereby nominate coruscantbookshelf and Shiekah (again) because it’s not a tag-back if someone else tagged you in the interim (Hah!), and evenstararwen2 because she’s sweet and I love her blog about her adventures with her brothers–I always laugh so hard when I hear about Elladan and Elrohir’s antics!–and her father. Oh, and I have an extra question for her:
12. Why does everyone always call Elladan and Elrohir in that order? Is Elladan older?
Thanks for reading my boring post about myself, everyone, and I hope you enjoyed it–as far as something that’s about me and not by me can be enjoyable. ;-P Oh, and for those who were wondering… I have 103 followers now. Yaaaay!