Hello, my dear readers!
I’m posting for something very special today. Yes, it’s the blog’s birthday!
One year ago, I started this blog to connect to my friends who blog. I wanted to put my stories where people could read and enjoy them. One year ago, this post started it all.
And now, one year later, I look back in awe at all that’s happened.
- Incredible amounts of insanity has been shared.
- This blog has gained Allies!
- Tales (such as Bound to the Flame and The Hero’s Dream) have been told.
- Selay’uu was launched, to much acclaim, and (hopefully) evoking much laughter.
- Last but not least, I began to figure out how to use html shortcuts, and learned that there is no real substitute for experimentation when it comes to the Internet (so long as one does not say something unforgivable, or forget one’s manners.) Also, I began to learn how to use the blogger’s key tools, such as scheduling, saving drafts, categories, tagging, and how to set posts as password protected (though I have not tried it.)
- Erin-isms, such as typo turkeys, plot cobras, and poison ink were introduced to the world.
- I got my hair cut. (This has nothing to do with the blog, but it sure makes me look different.)
But for a celebration, I’m not quite sure what to do… Perhaps you all can help me decide. 😉
Now, for the “State of the Archives” address. ;-P
Statistics are as follows:
Seven (7) Pages
Two hundred six (206) Posts
Two thousand, six hundred thirty-five (2635) Comments
Five thousand, eight hundred four (5,804) Views
Approximately five hundred four (504) Likes
One hundred thirty-one (131) Followers
And finally, I’d like to thank everyone who helped me to get to where I am now.
Coruscantbookshelf (aka Rosalie), who introduced me to WordPress in the first place.
Iris, who was forever encouraging (Also my BFF IRL!) and one of my long-time readers, even though she didn’t get her own blog or WordPress account until recently.
Professor V.J. Duke, who was crazy when I needed craziness (and Punchiness!) in my life.
There are lots of others (if your name isn’t on this list, don’t worry, it’s probably on my “Allies” page 😉 ), so don’t be offended; I just named the people I could think of at the moment.