authors, autumn, award, baroness orczy, bbc merlin, bbc sherlock, blogging, captain america: the first avenger, dee henderson, disney, dreamworks, editor, fall, fall break (finally!), frozen, irene hannon, joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat, louisa may alcott, madeleine l'engle, pixar, prince of egypt, roleplaying, sewing, singing in the rain, star wars, star wars rebels, story dynamics, the clone wars, writer, writing
I have been awarded the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award by Robyn Hoode of Spiral Bound… Thank you, Robyn! 🙂
Okay, the rules are to show the icon on your blog, answer questions, make up new questions, nominate bloggers, and notify them of the nomination. (It isn’t exactly fair to them if you expect them to just read your blog and see, “Oh, I got nominated!” A lot of us are really busy people, so it takes a while for us to get back and realize that we were nominated, if you don’t comment on our blogs to tell us. PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT pointing fingers at anyone. I’m just making an observation about something, because the last two times I got nominated no one commented to tell me that I had been. Don’t worry about forgetting if you did nominate me and don’t remember if you notified me or not, because you probably did, but if you haven’t seen your award up on this blog please comment and tell me and I’ll do my best to respond to the nominations in a timely manner. 😉 Don’t loose any sleep about it, just do your best to notify people of nominations, and no one will hate you if you forget, and the whole world will go a lot smoother. 😉 )
1. What is your favorite musical? Ooh, hard to say. I’m bouncing between Prince of Egypt, Singing in the Rain, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. 😉 Partly because the latter was the first and only real musical I’ve seen live. 😉
2. If you could guest star in any TV show, which show and who would you be? Any TV show? Including ones that have stopped running? Well, I have a lot, but I’ll have to pick three… BBC’s Merlin as an assassin sent to kill Arthur but who instead winds up siding with Merlin against a bigger threat (no romance, because that’s overdone!), Star Wars: The Clone Wars and/or Star Wars: Rebels as a Jedi (or maybe a Mandalorian, just because 🙂 ). I’d also like to be on BBC Sherlock, but I have no idea what I’d be doing there. 😛
3. Do you have a favorite number? I don’t know… Nine seems like a nice round number. For some reason, twenty-seven doesn’t seem nearly as perfect. But I also like the smaller prime numbers, just because they’re interesting…
4. What is your favorite thing about autumn? I don’t know. Probably the beautiful color of the leaves (and jumping in the piles). Or the hot beverages–wassail (spiced hot apple cider) is the best!
5. What’s your favorite girly thing to do with your sister/female cousin/best friend? Umm… I don’t know. Sewing projects. Sitting down to watch a movie and then discuss it. (I know. Not very girly.) Roleplaying. (As a boy, occasionally–so again, not very girly!)
6. Best movie you’ve seen this year? So far? At the moment, I rather think that that would be Captain America: The First Avenger. I haven’t seen many movies for the first time this year, and I was rather underwhelmed by Frozen, after all those stupid spoilers.
7. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to? Wow… I don’t know. I might change it to Erin (as Erin is not on my birth certificate, if you were wondering :-P) I don’t really plan on saying here what I would like to use as a pseudonym, as that could be–could be–personal information. As to why I go by Erin online, it’s a long story. 😉 If you want to hear it, I suppose I could post about that… which should tell you just how bored I am and how low I am inspiration-wise.
8. How do you feel about chick-flicks? Not much into them. Don’t know much about them. That’s all.
9. GIFs? I like them, but I don’t use them much. (Oh well!) The first time I encountered a gif was over on the Merlin Wiki back in 2013, and I was a bit amazed at first–it’s a moving picture (minus the sound), after all!
10. Favorite female author? I know I’m probably going to have a bunch of angry people on my hands, but Madeleine L’Engle is my absolute favorite female author. Baroness Orczy is a close runner-up. I also like Dee Henderson and Irene Hannon. I haven’t been quite as “in” to Louisa May Alcott as some others… yeah. Rather limited, I know.
Now, for my questions!
- How many times in a day do you look things up online, on average?
- What is the strangest thing you have ever said to anyone?
- Since my dad is having us watch The Avengers and all the movies leading up to them… who’s your favorite Avenger? 😉
- Which Avenger are you most like, in your opinion? In your friends’ opinions?
- If you had to pick one–just one–fictional character to be caught with in the middle of a natural disaster (or a nuclear war, take your pick) who would you choose?
- Oddest thing you’ve sung in the shower?
- What is the biggest thing you’ve had malfunction about your account or blog? (Mine is the elusive “like” button which I have often complained about.)
- Favorite kind of fruit?
- What book/movie/poem/short story has made the biggest impact on you lately?
- And, last but not least, what was the funniest thing you read recently? Please share! 😉
Okay, so now I need to nominate people… let’s see…
Tara Therese (check out her new… well, relatively new, site! 😉 )
Miko (because she just nominated me, and so I can’t nominate her back on the other award reception post I’m working on.)
PinkDoughnuts15, because Winnie the Pooh, and relatability as well. 😉
Rachel Carerra, because awesome stories!
Portergirl, even though she might not accept the nomination, just to point more people to her awesome blog! 😉
Rayne Speryll of Writing in Rivendell, just because. 😉
I was probably going to nominate a bunch of other people, but oh well… I can’t remember half of who I wanted to nominate. *sigh* I’m trying to nominate mostly people whom I haven’t before, but one day after I receive the award myself, everything goes out the window. As I said, oh well. 😛
Ah! you finally noticed you got it! oh, and Roo nominated you for it as well. 😛
i’m sorry but your answer to 9 was hilarious!
“I was amazed because it was a moving picture minus the sound…”
Sorry, but I was suddenly flashed back to the late 1800s… XD
Huh? I got nominated again?!
Yes, in case you hadn’t noticed, I’m really from the Victorian era. 😛 I’m a time traveler.
You are?! Why haven’t you taken me time traveling yet!
Don’t suppose you’re a timelord (or lady?) are you? I’d love to visit other worlds… ;-D
Oh dear… 😛
I don’t know… I forgot to mention it, I guess. Where would you most like to go? 😉
I don’t know, actually. I might be. 😛 I just have been able to time travel. 😛 We could go ask the Doctor, I suppose… ;-P
I always heard Naboo was nice this time of year… Time travel wise, medieval Scotland if you please. Perhaps I’d meet an ancestor 😛
let’s go find Wilfred Mott he can help us find the Doctor!
Well, we can visit Naboo, or medieval Scotland, but I think the latter would be easier 😛
Okay. (But which do you want to do first? ;-P )
Ah D: I forgot to notify you!!! D: I’m so sorry!!! Also, yay for #6!!!
X-P Thanks. 🙂 And that’s okay… at least I have blogging material for a while now… ;-P While I lack inspiration… I’m going to go stalk your blog now. 😛
Professor VJ Duke said:
I love the Prince of Egypt soundtrack!
IKR?! IT IS SO AWESOME!!!!
I’m off to see if I can find any PoE Avengers videos. X-P
Professor VJ Duke said:
Let me know if you do.
I will. 😉
Since you’d have your druthers, why not be a Mandalorian Jedi?
I could be, I suppose. 😛
Has there ever been one (even in the EU)?
I’m not entirely sure. (By now, I’m far too fascinated in my own created culture to take part in an established one… ;-P)
Well then, have at it! I was super happy to see a Mandalorian in SW:Rebels. She’s pretty awesome.
Some people are criticizing her, saying she doesn’t reflect the Mandalorian ideal, since she’s exercising her individuality rather than going military. I kind of like that she’s so unique, though. 😉
Also, Obi-Wan on the holocron looks super awesome. 😀
Yeah, I get that. But the thing is, they’re starting a new canon and everything we knew about everything is out the window. I’m pretty bummed by that (having devoted a LOOOOOONG time to the original EU). But I’m along for the ride anyway.
She reminds me of Boba Fett’s granddaughter, Mirta Gev from the Legacy of the Force series. Not bad, really.
Yup… Disney, just go suck an egg. I’m kind of frustrated about the canon ditching. Especially if it means that Siri isn’t allowed any more… in my opinion, she’s one of the best parts of the EU, though maybe she’s mostly what the fandom made of her. I still miss Siri, though.
Was she in the Clone Wars cartoons? I never got around to them. Or was she from the books?
She was in the Jedi Apprentice series. And a few other books, I think…
I think they called her Etain Mur-takan or something like that… It was confused.
Tara (T. T. Kesley) said:
Thanks for the nomination!
You’re welcome. 😀
Aww, you are so sweet! ❤ But now that you've piqued my curiosity, I hereby officially request the blogpost that will elaborate on #7. 😀
Thanks! 🙂 Okay. I’ll have to set it up. 😉
It’s scheduled, probably in a couple of days, I think. I’m not sure what order I scheduled my prospective posts in.
LOL! I can’t wait! 🙂
Come to think of it, I should’ve also probably told the story of why I’m nicknamed “Scooter” by my dad 😛
Yes, you should! 😀
😛 It’s not as interesting as the story of how I got ErinKenobi2893. ;-P
Pingback: The Best Blogging Buddies Award | The Upstairs Archives