authors, awards, bbc sherlock, blogging, c.s. lewis, catholic culture, christianity, chronicles of narnia, diamond, disney, dreamworks, frozen, guitar, j.r.r. tolkien, lord of the rings, madeleine l'engle, music, owl city, rise of the guardians, star wars, the last battle, the lion king, thomas jefferson, writer, writing
Hey, there’s not actually a picture for this one? Hmmm… 😛
Instead, you can enjoy looking at my beloved dog (who passed away a few years ago… :’-( )
Okay, so Miko over at The Legendary Miko nominated me for this one. Thank you so much! 🙂
And apparently, this is a new award, and I’m the third recipient in the chain! Exciting! 😀
Okay, now to review the rules…
1) You must make a post to show your award on your main blog.
2) You must tag the person who nominated you in your post.
3) You must nominate all of your best buddies, and those whom you want to become best buddies with, who, to your knowledge, have not been nominated, for this award.
4) You must ask your buddies at least 15 questions on your post.
5) You must answer all of the questions your buddies ask you. On your post.
On to the questions!
1) What is your favorite TV show? I’m Sherlocked. No more to say. 😛
2) First song that pops into your head right now? “Fireflies” by Owl City. (My sister is a big fan.)
3) What are three guilty pleasures of yours? Fanfiction (technically), hot cocoa (I can’t often seem to actually finish a full mug), and reading C.S. Lewis when I’m supposed to be reading Faulkner (honestly, I need to find a new short story!)
4) Chipotle, Subway, Taco Bell, or McDonald’s? I’m going with Subway. I’ve never been to Taco Bell, and I’ve only ever had a hot cocoa at McDonalds. I got tired of Subway back in January, but that’s that. It’s been a while.
5) What is one thing that not many know about you? Well, Iris was surprised to learn that I play guitar. Other than that, I don’t advertise that I write much, except online. Since that’s the exception, though, and everyone here knows that I write, I don’t think anyone on here knows that I like to carve toy daggers out of wood. (I should post some pictures of them some time…)
6) If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? Fictional or real-life? Well, for fictional characters, I’d love to have Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon as my mentor, though it would also be awesome to be mentored by Doctor John Watson. 😉 And real life mentors… Thomas Jefferson and my history professor at the private college I used to attend. *sniffle*
7) If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Ironic, I just got this question on another blog award… If I could really change my name, I’d like to change my universe as well… does that count? 😛
8) Where’s Waldo? Up in a tree. He’s in time-out and I won’t let him down… Never mind. 😛 (Who’s Waldo?)
9) What is your ideal boyfriend/girlfriend? Yikes. What a question… My ideal boyfriend will be a Christian, chivalrous, and kind. Other than that, well, I suppose I’ll have to wait to meet him. 😉
10) What color socks are you wearing? At the moment? No socks. Soon? Probably tan or gray. Wool is the best!
11) Blue or Black pens? Both! You see, I write with blue pens on even-numbered days, and black ones on the odd… Just kidding. I like to write with black and then do the primary edits in blue before typing everything up, tweaking as I go. (I like to print final drafts in purple. Unfortunately they don’t let you do that in college. :-S )
12) What’s the best book you ever read? The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien and The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis. Runners up: Madeleine L’Engle’s Time Quintet, Tolkien’s Smith of Wooton Major and Leaf by Niggle, and Lewis’ Space Trilogy. (Just finished them and I’m in heaven!!! I should totally review them!!!)
13) What would you choose to be your last meal? I don’t care what it would be, so long as it wasn’t cream of wheat, and was with friends.
14) If you were given the option to choose your death, how would you die? I would prefer to die defending my friends and/or my country. (Though I doubt that’s exactly what you wanted…) I wouldn’t care about the nonsense “go out in a blaze of glory” so long as I was doing that. (I’m not Eowyn, in case you were under the delusion that I am. 😛 )
15) What is one thing you wish you’d never heard/learned? Certain non-canon couples… Ugh. (That’s not the only thing I wish I’d never heard about, but you only asked for one! ;-P)
Here we go with my questions:
- If society was clipped up Divergent-style and you had to pick a faction, which of these factions would you choose: Truth Seekers (scholars, archaeologists and explorers), Protectors (military and police forces), Aristocracy (leaders and rulers), or Underworld (spies, black-ops units)?
- Are you more like Sherlock or Mycroft Holmes? (Be honest and objective! :-P)
- For the library aficionados, what book do you not own that you would like to read again?
- If you could re-write any pop culture catchphrase, which one would you re-write and what would it mean in its new form? 😉
- What’s your number one underdeveloped character in a published work? (I mean, who is your favorite character that you wish the author had developed more?)
- Frozen or Rise of the Guardians? Why?
- Tangled or Brave? Why?
- Do you prefer birdwatching or stargazing? Why?
- Favorite Lion King character and song!
- When you’re about to leave the house, what’s the first thing you grab?
- Do you prefer the forest, mountains, or ocean?
- Do you sing in the shower?
- Gardening or fiber crafts (sewing, knitting, embroidery, crochet) or sports? Favorite sport?
- Do you have a particular official spot where you hang out with friends? (Mine was the library in my hometown. Now it looks like being Barnes&Noble, since it’s close to the university…)
- Apples, oranges, grapes, or strawberries?
And now, I hereby nominate (in no particular order):
Iris, partly because she’s awesome and partly because I miss her.
Sarahtps, because awesome lists and fun photography. 😉
Proverbs31teen, because of Superhero Sundays. 😀 (She was the one who REALLY got me started on the Avengers!)
IcedMocha34, because she’s awesome and totally deserves it. 🙂
Roo, because I know her on Nanowrimo and she’s awesome. 😉
Andrew, whom I also know from Nano. 😛
FrenziedMythology, again from Nano, better known as Gandalf or the Panda of Awesomeness. 😛
C.N. Goodhue, aka Cedric of Chessington, who I first knew on the Lego Star Wars Creations gallery and who I’ve been having some trouble staying in contact with… :-S
Truthwillwin1. All of us need a bit more political incorrectness in our lives. 😉
Robyn Hoode, because… well, Minions for one thing. ;-P I just got nominated by her for another award, too. 😛
Professor V.J. Duke, for punchiness and dadblamery.
Sheikah, for her beautiful artwork.
Coruscantbookshelf (aka Rosalie), because she got me started blogging in the first place. 😉
Erin of Laughing at Live Dragons (we have to differentiate here, for obvious reasons. 😛 )
Eric, because Lord of the Rings! *happy sigh*
Wow. That’s a lot of people. 😛 But I was restricted on the other one by the fact that I couldn’t nominate boys for it. 😛 (It says “Sisterhood” right in the award name! 😛 )
Anyway, thanks for reading, congrats to the nominees, and God Bless! 😉