a swiftly tilting planet, a wind in the door, award, blogging, brian jacques, dee henderson, dragons, gardening, j.r.r. tolkien, john flanagan, lord of the rings, madeleine l'engle, ranger's apprentice, story dynamics, tea vs. coffee, time quintet
Once more, I have been awarded the Sunshine Award, this time by Robyn Hoode. Thanks, Robyn!
Now, to answer the questions…
1.What is your earliest memory? I think it is either going to the local Pumpkin Patch with my brother (who was a baby at the time) or demanding that my mother tell me a story.
2. What’s your favorite color? Green. And burgundy. But mostly green… dark forest green. 😉
3. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? Even though I didn’t realize it at the time, I think the best gift I was ever given was two of the five books in Madeleine L’Engle’s Time Quintet. (The books were A Wind in the Door and A Swiftly Tilting Planet.) Though I didn’t know it back then, those same books would spring-board both my fantasy and science fiction writing forward and help develop my imagination. Other than that, it was probably the time I received a camping stove toy as a child, or when I got the Lord of the Rings trilogy (though that was more of a reward for completing schoolwork on time.)
4. Who is your current (living) favorite author? Oh, wow. This is hard… Back before the late Brian Jacques passed away, I would have said him right off the bat… but I think that it’s really a tie between Dee Henderson (suspense/Christian/romance is her specialty; I mostly read it for the Christian and suspense bit 😛 ) and John Flanagan at the moment… *murmurs softly* Most of my favorite authors are dead… *hangs head*
5. Whatcha readin’ now? Right now? I’m working my way through the Ranger’s Apprentice series, and re-reading the books by Madeleine L’Engle mentioned above. 😉 Also, for new reading… lots and lots of non-fiction. :-S
Now, for my questions…
- What is your favorite writing spot?
- Tea or coffee?
- Do you prefer to write at a certain time or in a certain kind of weather? (Shut up, Iris, I know you do…. That was the Halt moment of the day, by the way. ;-P )
- Do you have a hard time coming up with these questions, too?
- Are there any plants on the deck at the moment? (If so, what kind?)
And I hereby nominate Tara Therese, since she gave me the Scribbler Award and I really enjoy her blogging! 🙂
I would like to nominate PinkDoughnuts15, because her(?) posts make me laugh, and honestly, I have been there so many times.
Miko, because of short stories and general creepiness. 😛 And very good advice to boot. And she’s in college too!
IcedMocha34, because there was a push back when I first began blogging, and she gave it to me. 🙂
Erin, over at Laughing at Live Dragons, because Dragons!!!
I was going to nominate some other people, but now I can’t remember who they were. Besides, I don’t want to throw a second nomination at people I just nominated already… I’m sorry. I would like to apologize to everyone who would have received a blog award but for Erin’s memory blankness. (There’s always next time, right???)
Thanks for reading, and God Bless!
OMG I’VE READ DEE HENDERSON TOO!
And the creepiness is good right? RIGHT?!
YES IT IS INDEED! 😀
DEE HENDERSON IS SO AWESOME! Who’s your favorite O’Malley, and do you prefer the O’Malley series or “Uncommon Heroes”? Marcus is awesome and I think Bruce and Gracie are just the sweetest thing and DARCY IS AWESOME!!!!
It’s Darcy’s fault my latest Star Wars AU is a police drama… and later a superhero parody… *sigh* Life is insanity. 😛 Just sayin’.
I haven’t read much lol just a few. I liked The Negotiator (I think that’s what it was called) but the one that really got me interested was the one with Sarah.. like the story (at least for me) that began it all. *sniff* I got so into it…
Yeah, Kate and Dave… Dave is the other reason why it’s a police drama AU. ‘Cause he has, like, the quintessential story of growing up in two countries and then he’s a FBI agent which is awesome… *pokes Dave in the arm* It’s your fault! Yours! All of it! 😛
Yeaaaah I liked Dave a lot! But I loved his sister more. That’s what got me into Dee. His sister’s story, and then his story and from there goes on the O’Malley’s stuff…
Sarah was so brave! I was so scared at the end of the book and cheering her all the way… it was epic. ^_^
Professor VJ Duke said:
Dark green? You mean red! (That’d be Sith-ish of you.)
Burgundy is red. (All the same, I’m not a fan of the Chancellor’s office. So overstated.)
Yeahh. Too much of a good thing. Now… a sweeping crimson velvet gown (on a girl) or a single red rose, are nice. A whole room of it would make you feel like you were drowning in bacta.
Ewwww… IKR?! Besides, Palpatine has no taste. Ewww, ostentatiousness.
Professor VJ Duke said:
Very good point. Well, then, I elect we re-do his office.
YES! Let’s re-do it in green and brown! *grabs paint* I’m going to do a mural of a mystical forest! LOTHLORIEN MAYBE! THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!
Tara (T. T. Kesley) said:
I’m going to tell you something really embarrassing, just because. For a long time, I thought you and Erin @ LALD were the same people! You’re so similar it’s uncanny – same name, both Catholic homeschoolers, and both Tolkienites. And you’ve got a friend called Iris and she has one called Ivy!? I’m just … anyway, thanks for nominating me.
What? No! She’s way more experienced at the blogging game. Also, I don’t think she’s in college yet, while I’m stuck with this mess that is applications, health release forms, blah blah blah… 😛 Just remember: Erin Kenobi is the one with the massive Star Wars obsession. ;-P
I didn’t even know about Erin at LALD until I started blogging myself. (Iris has a blog now… I think it’s irisbloomsblog.wordpress.com. 😉 )
You’re welcome. And don’t feel bad about it… I mistook Liam (from This Page Intentionally Left Blank) for someone else I knew (who went by EmperorGalvinian) before I started blogging, because they had a somewhat similar style. Both have very similar senses of humor. I only found out I was wrong when I mentioned four-year-old Mongolian girls (which was what Galv said his secret identity was), and Liam said, “What are you talking about?!” 😛
I don’t remember you ever telling me THAT.
That’s hilarious 😛
Did you tell Galv you thought that?
I tried! I haven’t seen him in months! I mean, chatted, anyway…
Thanks so much!!!! You’re so sweet!!!!! 😀
You’re welcome! 😀