a swiftly tilting planet, a wind in the door, award, blogging, brian jacques, dee henderson, dragons, gardening, j.r.r. tolkien, john flanagan, lord of the rings, madeleine l'engle, ranger's apprentice, story dynamics, tea vs. coffee, time quintet
Once more, I have been awarded the Sunshine Award, this time by Robyn Hoode. Thanks, Robyn!
Now, to answer the questions…
1.What is your earliest memory? I think it is either going to the local Pumpkin Patch with my brother (who was a baby at the time) or demanding that my mother tell me a story.
2. What’s your favorite color? Green. And burgundy. But mostly green… dark forest green. 😉
3. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? Even though I didn’t realize it at the time, I think the best gift I was ever given was two of the five books in Madeleine L’Engle’s Time Quintet. (The books were A Wind in the Door and A Swiftly Tilting Planet.) Though I didn’t know it back then, those same books would spring-board both my fantasy and science fiction writing forward and help develop my imagination. Other than that, it was probably the time I received a camping stove toy as a child, or when I got the Lord of the Rings trilogy (though that was more of a reward for completing schoolwork on time.)
4. Who is your current (living) favorite author? Oh, wow. This is hard… Back before the late Brian Jacques passed away, I would have said him right off the bat… but I think that it’s really a tie between Dee Henderson (suspense/Christian/romance is her specialty; I mostly read it for the Christian and suspense bit 😛 ) and John Flanagan at the moment… *murmurs softly* Most of my favorite authors are dead… *hangs head*
5. Whatcha readin’ now? Right now? I’m working my way through the Ranger’s Apprentice series, and re-reading the books by Madeleine L’Engle mentioned above. 😉 Also, for new reading… lots and lots of non-fiction. :-S
Now, for my questions…
- What is your favorite writing spot?
- Tea or coffee?
- Do you prefer to write at a certain time or in a certain kind of weather? (Shut up, Iris, I know you do…. That was the Halt moment of the day, by the way. ;-P )
- Do you have a hard time coming up with these questions, too?
- Are there any plants on the deck at the moment? (If so, what kind?)
I would like to nominate PinkDoughnuts15, because her(?) posts make me laugh, and honestly, I have been there so many times.
Miko, because of short stories and general creepiness. 😛 And very good advice to boot. And she’s in college too!
IcedMocha34, because there was a push back when I first began blogging, and she gave it to me. 🙂
Erin, over at Laughing at Live Dragons, because Dragons!!!
I was going to nominate some other people, but now I can’t remember who they were. Besides, I don’t want to throw a second nomination at people I just nominated already… I’m sorry. I would like to apologize to everyone who would have received a blog award but for Erin’s memory blankness. (There’s always next time, right???)
Thanks for reading, and God Bless!